FDOT is hosting a public transport open house for 2 projects at Hillsborough Co.
HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Florida – District Seven of the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is hosting a public transportation open house for two projects in Hillsborough County.
The I-275 Capacity Improvement Project is currently under construction and extends along I-275 north of I-4 to north of Hillsborough Avenue. This project involves adding one lane in each direction on I-275 north to I-4 north to Hillsborough Avenue (US 92).
Other improvements include:
- Construction of noise barriers along most of the corridor
- Installation of intelligent transport system (ITS) devices
- Improve the underpasses of Floribraska Avenue, Lake Avenue, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, Chelsea Street, Osborne Avenue and Hillsborough Avenue to widen sidewalks and ” improve the lighting under the bridge.
All improvements are made in the existing right-of-way.
The Tampa Downtown Interchange (I-275 / I-4) Safety and Operational Improvement Project is scheduled to begin construction in 2023.
This project will include:
- Widened flyover ramp from I-275 Southbound to I-4 Eastbound two-lane
- Changed the exit ramp to Ybor City / East Tampa from 21st / 22nd streets to 14th / 15th streets
- Widening I-4 Westbound Ramp to I-275 Northbound from one to two lanes
- Widening I-4 Westbound Exit to I-275 Southbound Exit from two to three lanes
- Provide trail connections to local networks and adjacent communities
The open house will be held on Wednesday, January 5 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the C. Blythe Andrews Jr. Public Library.
The meeting will take place in person with the option of attending online. FDOT staff will be available to answer questions in person and virtually via online chat.
If you would like to register for virtual participation, click here. A commented presentation will be presented at 6 p.m., 6:30 p.m., 7 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. during the open house. Staff will be available throughout the open house to answer questions via the online chat feature.