AFCB – Official club website
We are recruiting an Academy Operations and Administration Assistant to join us at AFC Bournemouth.
Title: Academy Operations and Administration Assistant
Reports to: Head of the Academy
Location: Miscellaneous (academy office, academy training locations)
Type of Contract : Full time (35 hours per week over seven days)
Salary: Depending on experience
Coordinate the logistical aspects of the Academy, ensuring that all player and staff documentation is up to date. Ensure databases are up to date, liaise with EFL/Premier League, Football Association and County FA. Be responsible for the organization of all U9-U15 matches. You will be expected to attend meetings.
- Ensure all trials riders/U9-U15 player documents are completed and assign players to systems.
- Track PRS cards and any lost or damaged cards to bill parents.
- Obtain permission for trials riders from parent clubs exercising a 7-day approach and letters of permission.
- Set up pre/mid/end of trial meetings, track trial dates, send reminders to the hiring manager, and ensure all players are eligible for fixtures.
- Obtain international clearance for foreign nationals and ensure you are up to date with current protocols for players of different registration status, track national team eligibility.
- Gather and send away calls from players, if any.
- Manage the performance management application (PMA).
- Arrange all Schoolboy Games program matches, send match confirmations, arrange transportation, times, locations and pick-up list, match officials, team roster and organize each team to have the right kit for the game.
- Assist in obtaining personnel documents, ensuring all new hires have DBS, relevant certification and qualifications prior to commencing.
- Ensure that each part-time staff member receives a casual contract each year and that each position is covered by a job description, with reporting lines, stored centrally.
- Update all databases: TNA, Oak SCR, CPS SRS, Staff Files Soft Copy and T:Drive virtual filing.
- Maintain a record of all staff absence requests and paid leave.
- Contact any staff who need badge/DBS renewal before expiration.
Professional Game Academy Auditing Society (PGAAC)
- Ensure that all backup and health and safety policies are clear, up-to-date, and transparent for audit.
- Follow and record office fire safety log and maintain COVID procedures.
- First point of contact for the Academy, reactive for all phone calls from the Academy.
- Periodically perform facility checks to make sure of any issues, especially before meetings.
- Manage the “damage log” and liaise with maintenance to obtain repair.
- Liaise with Premier League on health and safety audit.
- Manage requests from Academy visitors, ensure policy is followed correctly.
- Be available for Saturday or Sunday, depending on the rotation for the coordination of game days.
- Minutes of all meetings deemed relevant by the Director of the Academy.
- Assist in the management of kits for the Academy.
- Degree in the field of sports or business management.
- Work experience in elite sport.
- Full driver’s license.
- Current FA Safeguarding Children certificate.
- Prior to commencement, an enhanced DBS will be required.
The Club’s values are central to the behavior of its staff and the way they approach everything they do, which is why we are looking for someone who is honest, inclusive, kind, hardworking, loyal and respectful.
In return for your hard work and commitment to us, you will receive a competitive rewards package which will include, but not be limited to:
- Free parking on site.
- Subscription and allocation of free/purchased tickets.
- Subsidized lunches and free healthy snacks throughout the day.
- Discounts at the club’s Superstore.
- Contribution to eye exams and glasses.
- Discounts and benefits with local partners and businesses.
- Club pension plan and life insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) by Health Assured.
- Paid parental leave (bank of five days per year).
- Christmas party and other social events throughout the year organized by our club social team.
- Paid volunteer opportunities (2 days per year).
- Paid day off on your birthday.
AFC Bournemouth is a family and community club. We strive to provide a professional, friendly and welcoming approach in all areas of the club. With a little operation behind the scenes, you’ll join a tight-knit group that prides itself on hard work, passion and togetherness.
Please send CV and cover letter to [email protected] before Sunday, June 12, 2022.
AFC Bournemouth is an equal opportunity employer and ensures that staff and volunteers can reach their full potential. AFC Bournemouth values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community (Equality Act 2010).
We actively encourage applications from women and people from ethnically diverse communities.
For more information on accessibility inside the stadium, please Click here.
AFC Bournemouth is committed to protecting all children, young people and adults at risk in its
care or frequenting its premises and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
For all positions where DBS verification is required, an offer of employment will be submitted upon receipt of a satisfactory disclosure at the appropriate level.
Any potential agreements, relationships or commitments that could be considered a conflict of interest must be disclosed when applying for this position via email [email protected]. You will also be asked if you have any conflicts to disclose upon receipt of your application.
Satisfactory references will be required for all positions, your eligibility to work with the club will be subject to receipt of appropriate references.
We strive to create a positive and safe environment and ensure that everyone who interacts with the club feels safe, protected and heard.